- FI&C is pleased to announce that Ron Raether and Jeff Sharkey will become Partners at the firm effective January 1, 2005.
- FI&C has completed its Fall 2004 recruiting effort.
- Joining FI&C as 2005 summer law clerks
- Michele Murphy has been accepted for Class IX of the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL).
- In December, Charlie Faruki spoke at four CLE programs for attorneys.
- FI&C paralegal Christina Clemons attended a multi-day seminar this month in Minneapolis hosted by Kroll Ontrack and completed Kroll's "E-Discovery Certification Course."
- FI&C associates Chad Burton, Erin Stefanec, Erin Bair, Holt Hedrick and K. Lynn Preston were all recently sworn in as new members of the bar of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- FI&C is happy to congratulate new associates
- FI&C is, once again, a sponsor of the Dayton Business Journal's Business of The Year Awards Program
- The November 19, 2004 Dayton Business Journal article: "Legal Challenge -- Dayton firms find law students prefer bigger cities," featured Jeff Cox, FI&C's partner in charge of recruiting, addressing FI&C's efforts to attract top-flight new attorneys to Dayton.
- Charlie Faruki, Jeff Cox and Andy Reitz are faculty members for The Dayton Bar Association's December 15, 2004 Annual "CLE Round-Up."
- Ian Taronji, Holt Hedrick, Chad Burton, Andy Reitz, and Brian Wright are among several FI&C associates who are members of the recently-formed Dayton Young Professionals Association.
- For the third year in a row, FI&C will be supporting the Chaminade-Julienne Catholic High School's Mock Trial Program.
- Jeff Sharkey is giving a December 2004 presentation to the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Dialogue Program dealing with "How a Business can Reduce the Risks and Costs of Litigation."
- FI&C has received acceptances from all three of its 2004 summer clerks who were extended offers to join the firm as new associates upon graduation in August, 2005.
- FI&C associates were busy in November continuing the firm's support of the University of Dayton School of Law's appellate advocacy development initiatives.
- Charlie Faruki and Jeff Ireland were voted by their peers as two of the top lawyers in the Dayton region, and appeared in a special publication that is an insert in the October 15 issue of the Dayton Business Journal.
- In a consolidated mass tort class action, FI&C defeated an effort by Plaintiffs to block discovery pertaining to the issue of whether or not to certify a class in the case.
- To help to provide our firm's associates with courtroom and jury trial experience and responsibility, FI&C and the Montgomery County Public Defender's Office have established an externship program for trial practice.
- Jeff Ireland is once again a featured presenter at the Ohio State Bar Association's annual antitrust law meeting.
- Ian Taronji has been named as the 2004-2005 Chairman of the Dayton Bar Association's Diversity Committee
- One of FI&C's newest attorneys, Holt Hedrick, was recently notified and congratulated on receiving a perfect score on the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam.
- John Stinneford, a part-time associate with FI&C and an Assistant Professor at the University of Dayton School of Law, gave a presentation on October 8
- On a motion by FI&C in an action brought as a mass tort class action, the Common Pleas Court of Montgomery County, Ohio, threw out claims based on a number of theories seeking recovery for alleged damages arising out of an explosion in 2003 at the plant of a client of our firm.
- FI&C is busy with its 2004 Fall Recruiting Campaign
- Bob Bartlett will be one of the featured presenters at the Ohio State Bar Association's October 15 Law and Media Conference.
- As reported in the July 2004 newsletter, FI&C achieved two important wins on behalf of its client, The Iams Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Procter & Gamble Company, in Lanham Act litigation with a competitor.
- Julie Zink has joined the adjunct faculty at the University of Dayton School of Law for the Fall 2004 semester, teaching a Legal Professions course focused on legal writing and oral advocacy.
- FI&C is pleased to report that Charlie Faruki, our Managing Partner and one of the founding members of the firm, was recently recognized as Dayton's most influential lawyer
- Our firm is pleased that Bob Bartlett, a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a long time partner in another Dayton firm, has joined Faruki Ireland & Cox.
- FI&C is pleased to welcome seven new associates joining the firm this month
- FI&C achieved two important wins recently on behalf of its client, The Iams Company
- Jeff Ireland, Laura Sanom and Don Burton recently won a multi-day preliminary injunction fight in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- FI&C associate Keith O'Korn has accepted a position as a career law clerk to The Honorable John Hoffman
- Charlie Faruki was invited to speak to the Ohio Management Lawyers' Association
- Jeff Sharkey and Melinda Burton represented a large publicly-held consumer products retailer
- Karl Neudorfer, Eli Kiefaber, Brian Wright, Tim Pepper, and Katie Wahl are several of the FI&C attorneys who have been busy recently providing pro bono trial representation
- The summer months of 2004 find work well underway on the Montgomery County Historical Society's renovation of Dayton's "Old Courthouse" on Courthouse Square adjacent to FI&C's offices.
- On April 14, 2004, FI&C won a precedent-setting decision from the Ohio Supreme Court in favor of its client WBNS TV, Inc. ("WBNS"), prohibiting public records custodians, including courts and judges, from creating new exceptions to the Ohio Public Records Act.
- On April 30, 2004, FI&C obtained the dismissal of a purported nationwide class action only ten months after the case was filed against one of its clients, a worldwide leader in the information technology aggregation industry, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (New Orleans).
- Paul Horstman, Melinda Burton and Karl Neudorfer successfully defended The Dayton Power and Light Company ("DP&L") in a wrongful termination of employment action filed against it by a former employee of one of DP&L's power generating stations.
- FI&C welcomed its three 2004 summer associates on May 17.
- Marty Foos and Jeff Ireland were presenters at the National Business Institute's recent seminar addressing "Keys to Successful Pretrial Preparation in Ohio."
- Andy Gottman was recently involved in a successful effort to halt the use of false and misleading advertising by a competitor of one of the firm's long-standing clients.
- On March 26, 2004, John Stinneford spoke to a Conference of Religiously Affiliated Law Schools meeting at the University of Notre Dame.
- Charlie Faruki served this month as a faculty member for a National Business Institute seminar entitled "Keys to Successful Pre-Trial Preparation in Ohio."
- Tim Pepper was a faculty member for the April 27 Sterling Education Services seminar entitled: "Practical Applications of Employment Law in Ohio."
- Tom Kraemer and Julie Zink have been coaching the University of Dayton School of Law Intellectual Property Moot Court Team
- Jeff Ireland recently completed a six-year term as a member of the Board of Trustees for the Miami Valley Regional Transit Authority.
- Tim Pepper has expanded his service to the Dayton Society of Natural History.
- Katie Wahl was appointed recently by the Tipp City Exempted Village School Board to the Tipp City Public Library Board of Trustees for a seven-year term, and was elected Secretary by the Board of Trustees.
- Brad Anderson was elected recently to a three-year term on the Board of Trustees of the United Way of Troy, Ohio, Inc.
- Katherine Early recently published an article in the Dayton Bar Briefs magazine, the monthly publication of the Dayton Bar Association.
- On January 30, 2004 FI&C received an opinion from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana granting the multi-faceted motions to dismiss filed by FI&C on behalf of its client, a worldwide leader in the information aggregation industry.
- Jeff Ireland presented a CLE program on February 24, 2004 in Cincinnati entitled "Keys to Effective Expert Witness Examination in Ohio."
- The January 23, 2004 edition of the Dayton Business Journal recognized the three Dayton area lawyers who have been named among the top ten in Ohio, including FI&C's Managing Partner, Charlie Faruki.
- Once again, Charlie Faruki has been recognized as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in the area of business litigation for 2003-2004.
- On December 19, 2003, the Dayton Business Journal published its 2004 Book of Lists, described as the comprehensive directory of leading companies and organizations in the Dayton area.
- Charlie Faruki, Jeff Ireland, and Jeff Cox were all recognized as "Ohio SuperLawyers 2004" in a joint publication of Law & Politics Magazine and Cincinnati Magazine.
- Faruki Ireland & Cox P.L.L., along with a few other Dayton law firms, hosted a January 13, 2004 reception at the Dayton Racquet Club for Chief Justice Tom Moyer
- FI&C was once again recognized by the Dayton Bar Association and the Greater Dayton Volunteer Lawyers Project for the firm's continuing commitment to pro bono legal representation.
- FI&C associate Katherine Early wrote an article entitled "Electronic Filing: Highlights and Tips" for the February 2004 edition of the Dayton Bar Association's monthly publication, Bar Briefs.